Neurodiversity Hiring Program
The goal of the Neurodiversity Hiring Program is to build an inclusive hiring approach that recognizes and embraces the strengths of Neurodiverse candidates. Neurodiversity encompasses a wide range of cognitive differences, such as ADHD, autism, dyslexia, dyspraxia & dyscalculia.
• Currently pursuing bachelor's, master's, or PhD degree in engineering, computer science or related field with at least one semester/quarter remaining after internship.
• A year or two of experience programming in C++, Java or other computer programming languages preferred.
• Ability to demonstrate understanding of algorithms, data structures and other systems architecture factors that affect code quality, performance and customer experience
• Some experience building software outside of the classroom environment like an internship, hackathon, research project or related experience preferred
• Demonstrated skill in time management and completing software projects in a cooperative team environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Software engineers (SWEs) work with teammates to solve problems and build innovative software solutions. You are passionate about customers and product quality, and you provide technical guidance to Program Managers as they consider user needs and product requirements. You will also be expected to demonstrate an ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes to leverage in your solutions.
As a SWE, you are dedicated to building software to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more